Our Water...Our Legacy...Our Responsibility
Sulfide Mining Action Items
Above all, please DONATE!
1. Show up to the meetings- There are periodic community meetings to discuss this issue. Check the Current Events page to see if there are upcoming meetings.
2. Write to the MDNR-Director Humphries and the Natural Resources Commission still need to hear the public disapproval for granting two permits to Kennecott. Please take the time to make your own letter. Here is the address:
Director Rebecca Humphries
Department of Natural Resources
Mason Building, 6th floor
P.O. Box 30028 Lansing, MI 48909
3. Write to the Governor- Governor Granholm has adopted the mantra "Pure Michigan" but yet will allow it to be polluted. Let her know your mind.
Governor Jennifer M. Granholm
P.O. Box 30013
Lansing, MI 48909
4. Sign our petition to show your disapproval of sulfide mining-Click here to sign on!
5. Go see what is at stake- Take a trip to the Yellow Dog Plains and see the frontier of Michigan before anything happens to it. If you need help getting there, let us know and we will help you. Getting out there is the best way to get inspiration, so go on!
6. Follow the legal battle closely- Watch for the headlines and check our website for updates on the case versus the MDEQ. The lawsuits will affect the rest of the timeline for Eagle Project and its important to know where we are on that timeline.
7. Sign up as a volunteer- We need ready people to put posters up, help with mailings, and more. Call or email us to get on our volunteer list.
8. Sign up for email alerts- Send us an email to sign up for email alerts related to sulfide mining.
|Read the Howl
||Yellow Dog Watershed Preserve